- Rev. Dr. Chima & Mrs. Nena Kingston-Ekeke -
The anti-family and liberal feministic propagandistic agenda to destroy the family unit as we know is all over the airways and by-ways again. Just this week, President Barack Obama, the most powerful man on the face of the earth, sadly used the occasion to honor mothers, to publically push for support of same-sex marriage for gays and lesbians. What a travesty! What President Obama, his wife and two young daughters failed to evolve through, is that the gift of procreation was only given to the woman or feminine specie, not man or by any other means; that the home is the first human institution and the first order of society. That marriage is solely between one man and one woman. Any marriage union outside the context of one man and one woman is a disorderly relationship and union. That marriage between a man and a woman is the first order of covenant relationship, and fathering is a divine obligation and the greatest responsibility of man. And that motherhood is a divine gift and the greatest responsibility of the woman. Obviously, this first family lacked godly wisdom in this subject despite their evolution. By the way, marriage is a moral matter not a civil right issue.
Paul Marshall, a victim of his own rage once wrote this, “We live in a world of cynicism, cruelty, and corruption.” Paul Marshall was right then and even now. No one can deny the fact that the values and standards of our culture as a whole are rapidly disintegrating morally, ethically, socially, and above all spiritually. And the most hit in all of this, is the family. There are three unique institutions that form the foundation of every civil society namely: the family, government, and Church. Today, all three are in serious crisis. The family, which is the bedrock and the moral fiber of every civil society and perhaps the most important of all, is in a crisis of commitment. The government has lost its social and economic purpose while the religious institutions especially the church has lost its moral mission.
Here is how the family came about. After the fall, God commanded the man 2to be united to his wife, and they were to become one flesh. 24For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh (Genesis 2:24). Jesus amplified the original intent of God when some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any other reason? “Haven’t you read, he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’, and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” “Why Then,” they asked, “Did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?” Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.” (Matthew 19:3-6; 7-9).
God instituted the family as the foundational building unit of society. He created Adam and out of Adam, God made Eve. Adam and Eve were asked to unite as husband and wife and to multiply. Two thousand years later, that command is being questioned and threatened with tremendous violence. And now, there is a serious and well-orchestrated attack by the liberal propagandistic agenda and anti-family activities to destroy the family unit as we know. As a result, the family is going through tremendous challenges and changes.
Dr. John MacArthur, foremost Bible teacher and Pastor of Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, California, writes, “That nations and cultures that compromise or reject God’s purpose and depreciate the family and home and will increasingly experience disintegration in their marriages, families and societies.” [Emphasis Added]
We are seeing that already happening in the United States and Western Europe. All the downfall of great empires such as Babylonian empire, Rome, Greece, etc fell because of homosexuality and gay lifestyles. And the United States will be an exception. Right now, about twelve states have passed same-sex marriage laws. The end is near!
The institution of marriage also faces a particular danger with the rise of feminist movement. Some years ago, an anti-family agenda led by a feminist radical group openly called for the end of marriage as an institution. They argued that about 60 million women are burnout in the USA and ¾ of those are mothers. For example, a document that helped shaped the modern feminist agenda called “A Declaration of Feminism” in it included this statement, “Marriage has existed for the benefit of men and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women. The end of the institution of marriage is necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to be married with men. Now we know that it is the institution of marriage that has failed us, and we must work to destroy it.”
And today, this liberal propagandistic agenda to destroy the family is all over the airways and byways. Same-sex marriages, divorce, sexual revolution, abortion, secularization, delinquency, infidelity, homosexuality, of rebellion, women’s liberation, and radical feminism, the “children’s rights” movement and glorification of rebellion are paraded before our very eyes all the time. Cases of domestic violence and divorce rate are all time high and last year alone in this country hundreds of mothers were murdered in mysterious, tragic and dramatic ways.
Unfortunately, this ugly trend has also hit our communities and our families as well. Yes, it is no longer a secret that many Nigerian families in America are ending in divorce and deadly sometimes. Today, these liberal policies and agenda do have negative impact on Africans – especially Nigerian Diaspora families. We have seen so much violence and many times tragedies in the Nigerian homes. Many blame the anti-family and policies favoring the woman as the causes of family violence, marital disputes, divorce and often tragedies associated with divorce and separation among Nigerians living in America today? Others blame infidelity and adultery. Other reasons which are commonly cited as the causes of marital conflicts and divorce are cultural shock and societal change, inability to cope in a new culture and environment, stress, lack of good sex due to mental and emotional stress, tiredness, lack of interpersonal and proper communication, abuses (physical, mental, emotional & sexual). Others include changing roles in the family – the wife is enslaved making big bucks as a Nurse, Pharmacist or Doctor, while the man drives cab or do menial jobs in some cases. These and many more are some of the causes that impede and ruin many Nigerian marriages in America.
Here are some of the radical, liberal propagandistic and anti-family agenda fashioned to redefine the institution of marriage in the United States and globally. This is an anti-Christ agenda.
Anti-family & Radical Feminist Activities – The radical femininity movement wants to redefine the institution of family and marriage in these ways:
• Radical feminist activities promoting divorce and homosexual lifestyle
• Promotion, support and normalization of the single parent home
• The Jerry Springer Show, Ellen DeGeneres Show and others.
• In his 1971 book, The Death of the family, seven British Psychiatrists led by Dr. David Cooper suggested that it is time to do away with the family concept completely.
• Kate Miller’s made a similar suggestion in her 1970 feminist manifesto, Sexual Politics in which she claimed that families are more than tools for the oppression and enslavement of women.
• Other voices calling for even radical measures against the traditional family. Ti-Grace Atkinson, former president of the New York chapter of the National Organization for Women, says she would like to eliminate all sex, marriage, motherhood, and love. “Marriage is legalized servitude, she says, and the family relations are the basis for all human oppression”.
• Gore Vidal, best-selling author and social critic agrees. He proposes reorganizing society to eliminate the family, as we know it. Instead, he would like to see a central authority with the power to control human population, food distribution, and the use of natural resources.
Demise of Social, Ethical & Value Systems
• People are sent to prison for killing animals like a dog or cat, while encouraging abortionists to kill the unborn with impunity.
• It is also clear that our society as whole no longer believes human beings are made in the image of God. Ingrid Newkirk, founder of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) says, “There is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights.
• Such ideas are gaining widespread approval in mainstream society and university campuses. For example, Michael Fox, vice president of the Humane Society of the United States, believes the “life of an ant and the life of his child should be rated equal.”
Government & Liberal Policies
• Federal Government redefining and reshaping the very idea of family unit by using liberal policies – for example: gay marriage laws, same-sex marriage, homosexual couples adopting kids, the global village concept, and other radical approaches to family life actually undermines the family while using the language of family values. President Obama, Vice President Biden and many others in the Obama White House are already pushing that agenda.
• Laws and policies encouraging divorce, sexual revolution, abortion, secularization, delinquency, infidelity, homosexuality, women’s liberation, children’s rights and rebellion, where parents are unable to discipline their children. Lack of discipline expose children to all kinds of peer pressure, gang activity, violence and drugs.
Justice & Legal Systems
• American court system sanctions the wholesaler massacring of millions of unborn children annually, but a court in Kansas City recently sentenced one woman to four months in jail for killing a litter of unwanted kittens.
• A court in Janesville, Wisconsin sentenced a man to 12 years in prison for killing five cats to relieve stress. But two days after that man began serving his 12 years prison sentence, a Delaware court sentenced a woman to only 30 months in prison for killing her newborn infant.
• Immigration & legal system – Immigration papers, laws and policies favoring gays and lesbians. No wonder, recently we have seen very young Nigerians getting married to either their grannies or to an adult male white man. What a travesty!
How to Protect against Satanic Assault and Strengthen the Family and Marriages
In the Book of Deuteronomy 6:1-13, God gave the Israelites three to do in order to fortify their families against violence and satanic assault.
First, they were to love the LORD and observe the commandments (verses 2-9). God seeks fellowship with His created beings and He gives them this one indispensable command that will attach them to Himself. By responding to His love with love, gratitude and loyalty, we will come to know and enjoy Him in a covenant relationship. Loving God and loving your neighbor hang all the laws and the prophets (Matthew 22:37-40). The Apostle Paul wrote, “Let the Word of God dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16; 2 Timothy 3:15-17). This can be accomplished only by daily and continually searching the Scriptures (Psalm 119:97-100; John 8:31-32).
Second, they were to keep all the Statutes and Impress them on your Children (verses 5-13). One key way to fortify your family against satanic assault is to be concerned with the spiritual welfare of your children and to strive to bring them into faithful relationship with God. The Godly training of children should be a foremost concern of every parent (Psalm 103:13; Luke. 1:17; 2 Timothy 3:3). Spiritual instruction must be centered in the home, with both the father and the mother taking part. Devotion to the LORD in the home should not be an option; it is a direct commandment from the LORD (Deuteronomy 6: 7-9; 21:18; Exodus 20:12; Leviticus 20:9; Proverbs 1:8; 2 Timothy 1:5). The purpose of parental instruction is to teach children to fear the Lord, to walk in all His ways, to love and appreciate Him, and to serve Him with all their heart and soul (Deuteronomy 10:12; Ephesians. 6:4). The believer must diligently give his or her children a God-centered education where every thing is related to God and His ways.
Third and finally, they were to Fear the Lord your God (verse 2). King Solomon wrote, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:20). Essential in fearing the LORD is the recognition of His holiness, justice, and righteousness as a counterpart to His love and mercy, i.e. knowing Him and understanding fully who He is. To fear the LORD is to regard Him with holy awe and reverence and to honor God because of His great glory, holiness, majesty and power. True fear of the LORD causes believers to place their faith and trust in God. In other words, the fear of the LORD produces in God’s peoples a confident hope and trust in Him alone.
These three things can be achieved by focusing on God as the creator and heavenly father, Jesus Christ as the Lord, the Holy Spirit as the mentor and leader, the Church as the center of community life to bolster the family and reinforce hope and the role model our children needs and Bible study as our infallible authority to living abundant life. The truth is that the best way to redeem, restore, rebuild, strengthen and fortify our families – especially against these radical anti-family agenda and liberal feministic policies is to reorganize our priorities and go back to the source. According to the writings in Deuteronomy, we can fortify our families by trusting in Jesus Christ, delighting in His teaching, guidance and wisdom, reading and meditating on the Word and being participant in the work of God, which is the Church.
The great Greek Philosopher, Socrates once said, “Could I climb the highest place in Athens, I would lift my voice and proclaim: fellow citizens, why do you turn and scrap every stone to gather wealth, and take so little care of your family and children to whom one day you must relinquish it all? [Emphasis added].
The family unit as ordained by God is the most important institution on the planet and we must protect her and fight for her survival.
Happy Mom’s Day
We wish you Super Mother’s Day and pray that God the Father to give you the discernment, strength and courage to fight for your family. May the Lord make you the virtuous woman, a woman of rare riches and wealth, a mother of faith, wisdom and influence, an embodiment of virtue, grace, and caring for your family; a woman of radical faith and great countenance, not just your physical beauty and but inner beauty. May you be celebrated and praised like the virtuous Mother of Proverbs 31. Amen.
Happy Mom’s Day to You!
Dr. & Mrs. Kingston-Ekeke are the co-founders of Leadership Wisdom Institute in Atlanta, Georgia.No. of Views:187